Friday, August 18, 2006

South Carolina NOT lovin' the Bush

Just when I thought everyone in South Carolina loves George Bush, because of the few people I talked to here's someone to show me how wrong I am. As of August 14, 2006 59% disapprove of Bush's job performance. I found this information after reading an article called Lieberman's party of one by Tim Kelly, a Columbia public consultant and blogger, (Crack the Bell) in the State Newspaper, which I deliver to 400 plus customers.

Kelly has the article on his blog as Lieberman for Kingmaker.

From it:

"But tearing off his party label doesn’t so much make Lieberman a principled crusader determined to reinvent truth, justice and the American way, as it proves him to be that most familiar of Beltway creatures: a politician desperate to hang onto personal power."

"The self-important Lieberman followed suit a day later, declaring ''I'm worried that too many people, both in politics and out, don't appreciate the seriousness of the threat to American security and the evil of the enemy that faces us -- more evil or as evil as Nazism and probably more dangerous than the Soviet communists we fought during the long Cold War.''

"While the prospect of Osama hunkering down in his cave in Pakistan, poring over American election returns and exit polls, clearly sends shivers down the spines of Cheney and Lieberman, I can’t help but think there may be a bit of political calculation in their otherwise noble decisions to air such concerns."
Good to see this in the State Newspaper. Thank you, Tim Kelly.

No comments: