Saturday, March 18, 2006

7 with 22 zeroes

There are 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (70 sextillion, if you didn't know )known stars in the heavens. That's more than all the grains of sand on the beaches and deserts on earth. Amazing! I learned this, or heard this on Michael Feldman's "Whad'Ya Know?" Radio Quiz Show. I don't get to listen as much as I used to but this is one of npr's funniest shows. I also enjoy Wait, wait don't tell me

So here's an example of how little our senses reveal to us. Yet, with our intellect and intelligence, and curiosity and wonder(emotion) we may come to know so much more than what seems to be. The Isness! Infinite possibilities, yes?

Although my star gazing is limited I still enjoy seeing the old and new friends, (Constellations) I've made in the evening sky. Hope you enjoy them too.

P.S. Can you count up to a centillion? (No fair using your fingers and/or toes) That's one followed by 303 zeroes.( American )

Here's a link to all the shows at npr.

No comments: